Millennials: the Next Rage in Home Buying. What Kind of Homes, Though?
It’s hard to believe, but it’s true: millennials in our real estate demographic for home buying have already been putting their stamp in the market share, which is a good thing for the industry. We’re not going to see a real estate explosion quite yet, though, given the record low numbers of mortgage applications among millennials (and a consistent high growth for home renting) due to lack of job growth, student loan debt, and a later timeline for marriage and new families.
But It’s Coming. Some Say the Millennial Generation’s Already Here for Real Estate Home Buying
What you need to know, though, is what exactly they’ll be looking for in terms of a home…. Keep that in mind. Because of the inventory of available houses aren’t there; those millennials aching for a home to buy, well, won’t buy – which is bad for real estate business.
Here’s what millennials will want in a home (and you certainly won’t need any Gray’s Sports Almanac to figure this one out):
- They’ll Want to Focus on LESS – Less, as in less ‘possessions’. What does that mean, exactly? Find out right here.
- They’ll Want a “Hip” Community – But why? Why does it matter if the neighborhood’s all about fun and games for everyone? Here’s why.
- Convenient Commute – Cars? No. Find out why millennials these days really don’t care about getting that auto loan for a hot sedan.
- Rent-to-Own – Aside from the fact this demographic for RTO homes has already imploded on the market, here’s the big reason why millennials love the idea of flex rental options like this.
- “Can You Hear Me Now? Good!” – Think about it. We’re in the day and age where cell phone reception is the millennial lifeblood. What does that have to do with a home, though?
- Eating on the Go – These are the home buyers without families, for one thing. So what’s the one thing they won’t be looking for in a home that should hit you on the head the most?
- A Home Business Space – Again, it’s about convenience, and here’s why millennials would love this idea.
- “Pet-Friendly” Environments – Did you know millennials are very much into pets these days? This is why you need to have an inventory that provides this type of amenity for that demographic.
- “Turn-key” Maintenance? – You heard right. In other words, those millennials want homes that are REALLY updated in terms of all utilities and appliances. Here’s why.
- Party Spaces – You wouldn’t need to be a rocket scientist to know that those millennials would love to entertain guests. But they’ll need this feature in a home to do it.
This is getting heavy, Doc….
We’ve Got You, However, on This Real Estate Market
Preparation. That’s what it’s all about. Whether it’s home staging or a real estate agent who can access all the available homes, RTO or not, with all the correct features millennials are going to want. Because when they buy, people sell. Home improvements, renovations, maybe even new construction – the new millennial generation may drive this focus in.
So let’s align with it. And make the real estate market ready for the future (and flying DeLoreans). Sign up for more information with the HOPE Program today!Read More →
The Big, Bad ONLINE Repo Man: Why Auto Loans Are Now Scarier Than Ever
Isn’t it amazing how the Internet has swallowed the entire natural world whole, delving into every industry you can imagine, even the automotive industry? You can practically sell a home with social media these days. Without a doubt, identity theft has largely skyrocketed into the number one position as most heinous crime in all of the […]
The post The Big, Bad ONLINE Repo Man: Why Auto Loans Are Now Scarier Than Ever appeared first on Auto Support Services.Read More →
4 Top Retweets for Mortgage Industry Developments
The mortgage landscape changes almost on a daily basis, people! And you don’t always have a newspaper on hand, nor can you haul a television with you everywhere you go. What do you need? You just need a Twitter update to get the goods on mortgage industry developments — because, since you’re here on the […]Read More →
2 New Developments in Mortgage Rules That May Slow You Down
ShareFollow Us!It’s a bit of a trade-off, actually — it’ll make the process ‘easier,’ but longer — and you can understand without a doubt that there are some potential home buyers out there who might not like the longer part about these new mortgage rules. Here’s the skinny on the mortgage rules and how it’s currently […]Read More →
Everyone Wants to Know: How Does the HOPE Program Work?
ShareFollow Us!Everyone Wants to Know: How Does the HOPE Program Work? [Originally published on hopetoown.com] Naturally, no one’s ever concerned with the ‘how’ of success as long as it works, continues to work, and even works as Armageddon hits in the form of a meteor the size of Texas. As long as it continues to […]Read More →